The Lauder Javne Jewish Community School and Kindergarten
was opened in 1990, immediately after the political transition in Hungary. This event marked the return of a Jewish presence in Central Europe.
The school is located in the capital of Hungary, Budapest. It is the largest Jewish Community institution focusing on education in Central and Eastern Europe. The school offers Jewish education and challenging academic programs to close to 600 children every year.The Lauder Javne School
was founded by a group of Jewish intellectuals and parents in 1990. Six years later in 1996, the Ronald S. Lauder Foundation financed a new Lauder Javne facility on a five-acre site in the Buda hills. The municipality of Budapest made it possible for us to rent the land free for 99 years.
The school campus contains classrooms, a synagogue, a sports center, a library with 12.000 books, a computer center and rooms for the Music and Art School. In 1997, the Foundation acquired a beautiful old building adjacent to The Lauder Javne School
to serve as The Lauder Javne Jewish Community Kindergarten
Lauder graduates from the past 20 years have matured and grown into responsible young adults, and have succeeded in many different fields like science, engineering, law or art. They have remained connected to Jewish traditions and celebrate Jewish holidays together even many years after they had finished their studies at the Lauder School. Their connection to the School stays alive through our Alumni organization. In recent years we gladly welcomed children of our former graduates to our kindergarten and first grade classes.MISSION STATEMENT:
Efficient indication of values on the base of the Jewish tradition and application of the knowledge in multicultural surrounding.Our values
- to get to know different Jewish approaches, trends by the end of their studies
- our students became familiar with the Jewish tradition
- learning must be an enjoyable process that comes naturally to all children
- high value is placed on personal effort, honesty, responsibility and achievement
- to develop learning and listening skills, necessary for lifelong learning
- students are challenged to comprehend and respond analytically to written and oral communication
- to be competent at critical and analytical thinking and to be pro-active problem solvers
- students learn to have an open mind towards local and global environment
We provide a quality Jewish education in a caring environment in the following levels:
- Preschool / Kindergarten
- Elementary school
- Middle school
- High school
- Music School
Want to Get Involved?
- knowledge, experience with positive emotion in practicing Jewish tradition
- Individual program for gifted and talented students
- English Plus - program for bilingual children
- Special program for developing logic skills
- Hebrew, English, French, Spanish languages
- Special certificates in photography and graphic design
- Extracurricular Projects in different fields eg. in information technology, multimedia studies, film making and editing, sound recording, digital technology
- Sports, Art, Student Club, Music Club
- Community events with families, excursions, camps
We welcome everybody who wants to develop the academic, social, and artistic skills that are necessary to continue their studies and live a happy and successful Jewish life.
Address: H-1121 Budapest, Budakeszi út 48.
Telephone: 36-1-275 2240
Fax: 36-1-275 2610
English site: http://eng.lauder.hu